Police Looking for 56-year-old Aberdeen Man That Shot An 18 year Old Female During Argument Wednesday Afternoon.

(1 Vote)

At approximately 11:36 PM on 12/9/21, Aberdeen Police Officers located and arrested suspect Gregory Davis.  Davis was arrested during a traffic stop in Aberdeen and booked into the city of Aberdeen Jail on the charge of Assault 1st degree with a firearm.


We have an update to a shooting today in Aberdeen that occurred near the Aberdeen High School that put that school and several nearby schools into lockdown. 

Today at about 12:06pm, Aberdeen Police were dispatched to a reported shooting which had just occurred in the 200-block of N. “F” Street in Aberdeen.  On arrival, Officers contacted an 18-year-old female victim who sustained a gunshot wound to her left leg after an argument with the suspect.  The suspect was reported to have fled the scene westbound from the area.  A Grays Harbor County K9 Deputy responded to assist with a K9 track, however, it was determined shortly thereafter the suspect fled the area in a vehicle.    


Due to the close proximity to the Aberdeen High School, the school was notified and went on voluntary lockdown.  There were no threats made to the school, however, as a pre-cautionary measure, the school locked down until the area was deemed safe. 

The Aberdeen Fire Department responded to the scene and subsequently transported the victim to the Harbor Regional Health Hospital.  The area was secured and Aberdeen Police Officers and Detectives began processing the scene.

The suspect was identified through the investigation as 56 year-old Gregory A. Davis of Aberdeen.  Davis was last seen leaving the area in a small White Chevrolet style pickup truck.  A weapon was not recovered at the scene.    

Anyone with information on Mr. Davis’ whereabouts is requested to call the Aberdeen Police Department at 360-533-3180 or the Grays Harbor 9-1-1 Center at 360-533-8765.  Mr. Davis is still considered to be armed and dangerous.

The investigation is still ongoing.