fbpx

...

Occupant Of Fire Dies On Scene Of Satsop Fire, Unrelated To the Fire Itself

20210526_020200.jpg

Advertisement

Grays Harbor Fire District 5 says in a press release this afternoon that one of the occupants of this morning's fire in Satsop died from a possible medical episode not related to the fire. 

Here is what Public Information Officer Brian Baldwin said in that press release; 

Grays Harbor Fire District 5 was dispatched to a residential structure fire at 1:26 Am on Wednesday morning May 26th in the 0 – 100 block of Keys RD W Satsop.  The initial report said that the house was on fire with smoke and flames.

Deputies from the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office arrived on the scene and contacted the occupants of the structure. The occupants informed the Deputies that all occupants evacuated from the structure and that there was ammunition and oxygen tanks exploding inside the residence which is fully involved in flames.

 

Advertisement

One of the female occupants who had been speaking with the deputies suddenly became ill and collapse and the Deputies initiated CPR.

Paramedics arrived at the scene and continued CPR on the 63-year-old female however resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.  From statements of other occupants of the structure that was on fire it was determined the woman suffered a medical event unrelated to the fire.

As paramedics were tending to the 63-year-old female. Additional firefighters started the defensive attack on the structure, a 2-bedroom mobile home with an unattached garage threatened by the fire.

Additional resources were requested and provided from Grays Harbor Fire District 2 (Central Park, Brady) and Grays Harbor Fire District 12 (McCleary)

The fire was reported out at 3:22 am and crews transitioned overhauling the fire.

No other injuries were reported, 5 other occupants got out of the residence safely including 2 dogs. Red Cross support was arranged for the displaced residents. 

We would like to thank our neighboring agencies for their support on this fire.  With their assistance, cooperation and professionalism we were able to knock down the fire preventing any injuries or property damage.